Viva La Vida

12/30/2011

"Not Today"


“There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today.”

(Syrio Forell)



S

ince I first heard about the new HBO series “Game of Thrones”, based on George R. R. Martin’s epic fantasy novels "A Song of Ice and Fire", I felt curious about it; after all I had the feeling it was going to be awesome. And it certainly was. Once the 1st season concluded, all I wanted to do was reading the book, so I searched for it on the Internet right away. It didn’t take me more than three months to read the whole book, even with all the texts I had to read for my university classes. And I loved it. The way George R. R. Martin describes the kingdom of Westeros; the political, family and romantic relationships; and how he combines the peaceful times with the war, and all the simultaneous plots from the many characters’ points of view, is just admirable. Not to mention he takes the reader into the deeps of human nature, its fears, its romance, its joy and desires, woes and sorrows.

Right now, I’m about to finish the second book "A Clash of Kings" and I can’t wait for watching the 2nd season on TV and reading the next books.

Other books I love are The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris and The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. The first ones are also a series from HBO, called “True Blood” . And the second one was, I believe, the first book I ever really, really enjoyed. Here you can find more about my love for Dorian.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario