Viva La Vida

12/29/2011

If I could go somewhere else...


If I could choose to go somewhere, anywhere, I would take my time to decide. If it were possible, I'd like to visit every single continent and share with as many cultures as I could.

Although I’d love to travel across the whole extension of what once was the Roman Empire (form Antonine and Hadrian’s Wall to the Caspian Sea, from the Rhine and Danube to Egypt and North Africa) for historical reasons. I even remember wishing with all my hart going to Europe, especially to the romantic France and the gothic Germany. I love its architectural, musical and artistic tradition and evolution. In fact, I once wanted to study History of (Western) Arts; and I haven’t ruled out the possibility of studding Sociology of the Arts (including eastern arts).

But I must confess, since I can remember, I’ve been interested particularly on African tribes. It might be all the Discovery Channel’s programs I used to watch when I was a kid, and the anthropological part in me, telling me to take a leap of fate and go for adventures. No wonder why I’m studding Sociology, a close field of investigation to Social Anthropology. Still, this is one of the things I want to do before dying:

"To experience one of the most ancient cultures, to reconnect with our human roots."




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario