Viva La Vida

12/30/2011

My Hobby, Archery:

"Red Apple"
from Loading Artist







At first, I thought I wouldn’t be much difficult to talk about my hobby. But then I realized it might be a bit tricky: I’d had to pick one of the many things I enjoy doing, such as reading comics (and memes) on the Internet, cooking, practicing yoga, painting and drawing, taking long walks while listening to music, singing, writing, or reading a book.

And then it hit me, I don’t really have time to practice most of them; in fact, it’s been quite long since I last finished a whole book; because, lately, with all the things I have to do for the university, I don’t want to do anything else...
So, the hobby today I'm talking about is this entertaining activity I‘ve regularly been doing for the last five months: archery. Which I’d define as:
“the art of shooting several times with a bow and arrows to the same center of a distant target”.
And I say art, because is much more that just standing with the handle in one hand while holding the string with the other, and then releasing this string to shoot the arrow.

These days, archery is considered a sport, but it was originally developed for hunting about 5 hundred years ago, or more, and later the bow was used in battles.

Well, my passion for archery started last August when my Dad and I signed up for an archery course for beginners at the Chilean Archery Federation. It took us about 2 months to shoot without many mistakes. Now we practice every Sunday. We may not practice a lot, but I enjoy it because we share a hobby and we spend precious "quality-time" together.

Well, I look for sharing more about my hobby with you, soon. And hopefully you’ll see me practicing this sport.
Bye!

PS: That's so no me on that photo. Neither on the comic.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario