Viva La Vida

1/16/2012

Travelling

o be honest, when somebody asks me for one location I fancy taking a trip to, I always hesitate before I manage to answer. It’s like if all the images got together in my head at the same time, blocking my thoughts. I cannot simply say the first thing that comes to my mind, because my thoughts won’t emerge in a particular sequence. So forget about trying to find out which place I like the most by the order I think about them. There are a lot of countries I want to go, a great number of places I’d like to visit, and so many cultures I’d love to get to know that I wonder if my dreams will ever come true. I won’t settle by traveling abroad just once, because I can’t pick only one destination. Oh! I’ll give anything for travelling everywhere.

But if I must make a choice about one country to travel and cross from top to bottom, I would definitely select my native home. The reason I’m choosing Chile is that despite I’ve lived all my life in its capital Santiago, I’ve visited a few towns in the north and been in some southern cities and villages; I haven’t got to know a great part of it.

My country is beautiful, diverse, huge and unique. So: if I’m going to travel across a country, why not my Chile? Besides, I could collect a great deal of sociological information from the national society. Yes, that’s me: always thinking of sociological stuff. In fact, I’ve even considered going to the religious festival of La Tirana, in the dry and deserted north, at the middle of the year, with a group of classmates and friends. The music, dancing, devotion and atmosphere during the festivity are a one of a kind experience I don’t want to miss. I hope enjoying and being part of this festival in the next two years, if possible.

Nevertheless, I will constantly look forward to traveling around the world, visiting the six continents, and sailing every single sea.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario